Beyond Care believes that every child deserves to be loved, that’s why we care for each one with the utmost respect. We also believe that children need more than just supervision, so we are trained to educate and engage them in ways that nurture and stimulate their development.
If after evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of sending our children to a nursery or hiring a babysitter, as well as other alternatives of child care for hours, you have decided to hire a nanny, it is convenient that you read this article.
What qualities does a good nanny have? This question is essential when looking for and selecting a qualified child caregiver. During the interviews, have a list of questions at hand. A good questionnaire will allow you to get to know the candidates a little better. Here are some of the requirements and qualities of the perfect caregiver.
- With a clear vocation for child care
- Make an assessment of your career and studies (courses for babysitters, first aid or any career related to child care). The right person not only has to have patience, you should enjoy being with children.
- It is essential that you are a person with initiative, who knows how to solve unforeseen events, in which you trust and can delegate, that brings you peace of mind.
- Mature and responsible
- Nanny work requires a huge responsibility, so it must be a mature person with the ability to manage all kinds of situations.
- Become the reference adult and have sufficient authority to enforce it.
- Attentive and meticulous
- A good babysitter should be attentive to the instructions of the parents. It is important that you are aware of all the details.
- Must be organized and disciplined and understand perfectly what their tasks are and how to carry them out.
- Fun and with a sense of humor
The perfect nanny should have a sense of humor, children should be entertained, in a climate of safety but also of fun and entertainment.
- Must have skills to conveniently communicate with a fluent and regular communication, that allows us to know in detail what is the development of children in our absence.
- The best way to find out if a nanny is or is not affectionate, is to observe the attitude of your child.
- If she is a patient and sweet person, the child is glad to see her, will be waiting for the time to be with her.
- One of the things we should think about when selecting a good nanny is that she is educated, she should be a role model for our children.
- It must be a person who knows how to distribute the different tasks throughout the day, who can take care of several children attending to the needs of each one.
- When conducting interviews to select the right nanny for your children, pay attention to this point. If the candidate is late for the interview, it will be a clear signal of her lack of punctuality.
Tutoring fulfills a more transcendent role since it responds to the need to educate specific people, particulars, individuals, with unique problems and with different motivations and characteristics one to another. In this way, tutoring accompanies the students of a class and at the same time to each one of them in particular.
Some of the conditions that a tutor must meet to differentiate himself from a teacher are:
- Have time to perform their function. Tutoring demands many times more hours than those required by the workday, or meet this in an extra schedule.
- Personal coherence. The task of orientation is strongly associated with the transmission of values, patterns of behavior, respect for others.
- Charisma. The tutor must convey confidence; his way of acting should facilitate the establishment of cordial and fluid relations.
- Communication ability. The predisposition to dialogue, to establish links.
- Psychological intuition. Anticipate, to discover when a student is going through a problem.
- Predisposition to continue learning, to be trained. Design the work strategies of the tutors, to be trained in topics that help the student’s integral education.
Finally, it is important to know the functions of the tutors, to keep the consistency between the academic programs and the accompaniment of the tutors.
Among the main ones we can highlight:
- Leadership. Responsible for the execution of the tutoring programs.
- Guide the personal development of each student. Value the student in his possibilities and limitations.
- Coordination. With other teachers in the programming, evaluation and adjustments of the activities of the section.
- Communicate. Establish a link with parents, students, colleagues, managers and others.
- Review. Have a presence and a voice in any matter that pertains to discipline, performance, sanctions or activities.
- Contribute. Contribute to developing common lines with other tutors and students.
Sunset Scholars is a diverse group of talented tutors committed to high school and college students, experienced tutors and bilingual teachers and lecturers who are passionate about teaching different academic subjects.
Consult our tutoring programs.
Choosing the right pet sitter is crucial to your pet’s well-being and safety (as well as the safety of your home), make sure of the qualities and experience of your pet sitter and discuss your expectations and your pet’s needs in detail, before leaving home.
These are the key points that seem fundamental to grant credibility to a pet sitter:
- Send photos and videos via WhatsApp: The person who leaves us his pet is worried and wondering if they will be taking good care of it. The fact that as caregivers we send photos and some video will make the client feel calmer and can enjoy his trip knowing that his dog is well.
- Keep in touch with the client: It is convenient that we talk to the owner to tell him that the dog is behaving well, and tell him if it eats well and his mood, and if it is following its routines. All this also affects the trust in you.
- Encourage good behaviors: Any caregiver should encourage good behaviors and avoid episodes like destroying the house or not stop barking. Unfortunately, many caregivers encourage the excitement of the dog and that leads to destruction and barking that could have been avoided perfectly.
- Supervise the dog: Keep in mind that we are taking care of a pet that is not ours. Therefore, our responsibility is to supervise it while it is in our house so that there are no problems like those commented above.
- Do not leave the dog alone: If you take care of a dog or any other pet you should not leave it at home and go to work. We focus on the ethical part. The client does not pay you to leave the dog alone for many hours without supervision, he pays you to take care of him. If you think you should charge more, do it, but be a responsible caregiver.
- Do not let the dog out on the street: Since it is not yours and you know it will not answer the call, just never let it go. Doing this is a clear start to being a lousy professional.
There are companies, such as Trusty Amigos, that are dedicated to establishing a meeting point between the caregiver of dogs and pet owners who want someone to stay with their most special friend.
Today we want to talk about a topic that we think will be very useful for many families: caring for the elderly at home. Meeting the needs of a person in that stage of life is not easy. But not impossible.
We have compiled some tips that we hope will be useful, if you have an old person living at home.
- Establish a routine
We set schedules, both for routine activities such as bathing, meals or for other leisure activities. Following a daily routine helps the elderly to feel safe.
- Adapt the house to avoid risks
When we get older, our senses diminish, and we are more prone to falls. It is essential to make small modifications for example in the bathroom that becomes the most dangerous part for an older adult.
- Install a bar in the shower and place stickers and a non-slip mat on the floor and at the exit of the shower.
- Anticipate the problems
The elderly, at times, can be unpredictable, so caring for old people at home is not always an easy task. Some help tips:
- It is recommended that the person is always identified, especially if he has memory problems. If he suffers some kind of cognitive deterioration, remember to lock the door with a key.
- Keep a record of medications
An older person can consume a very high number of medications, so it is absolutely essential that we are the ones who take control of the doses and times indicated by the doctor.
- Make sure you follow a balanced diet
If we want our family member to enjoy good physical and mental health, it is essential to follow a healthy and balanced diet.
- Take care of his personal hygiene
If you have an elderly person at home, do not neglect his personal hygiene.
- Remind him to apply moisturizer or sunscreen, if he is going to be exposed to the sun.
- His oral health is important.
- Remind him from time to time to go to the bathroom, It may be violent at first, but surely he will thank you in the background.
- Motivate him physically and mentally
Listen to him, love him, motivate him to go for a walk or try to solve a crossword. We must try that he leads a life as active and healthy as possible.
- Be patient
Older people can be complicated, but treat them with patience, what they most want is to feel loved and listened to.
In Golden Steps you find attention and home care for the elderly, providing peace of mind to your family; we have a team with a great commitment, a lot of love and dedication.