Become a member
If your cooperative is interested in becoming a member of Alianza CUSP, here is how.
The interested worker-owned cooperative needs to comply with the following requirements.
About its commitment with the cooperative movement:
- Be committed to the values and universal principles of cooperatives including democracy, social justice, cooperation among cooperatives, and commitment to the community.
- To be a cooperative that belongs to and is controlled by its workers.
- The service provided by the cooperative must be given by the owner-members.
About its internal operation:
- To be a cooperative doing business already.
- To be committed to provide high quality products/ services to its clients
- The cooperative can be located in any geographic location of NYC
About its commitment with Alianza CUSP:
- Be willing to become an active member
- To be in agreement with the mission of Alianza CUSP.
- Respect Alianza CUSP’s policies
- Regardless of where the business is located, each member needs to assign a representative to the general meetings.
About the process to become a member:
- Send a written document stipulating intention to become a member of CUSP at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CUSP members will invite you to have an interview to get to know your organization and respond to any questions you might have.
- If the interview is positive, CUSP will invite you to join as a provisional member for three months
- As provisional member you must participate in all member meetings. You also are going to have access to almost all benefits members have.
- After the completion of the three month provisional period, CUSP’s membership will vote to accept or cancel your membership.
Requirements to become an Active Member.
- To attend to all member meetings during the provisional period.
- If your membership is accepted after the provisional period, you must pay the annual membership of $300. This membership fee is paid every year for three consecutive years. Starting the fourth year as member the fee is reduced to $100 per year.