What qualities should a good nanny have?
Beyond Care believes that every child deserves to be loved, that’s why we care for each one with the utmost respect. We also believe that children need more than just supervision, so we are trained to educate and engage them in ways that nurture and stimulate their development.
If after evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of sending our children to a nursery or hiring a babysitter, as well as other alternatives of child care for hours, you have decided to hire a nanny, it is convenient that you read this article.
What qualities does a good nanny have? This question is essential when looking for and selecting a qualified child caregiver. During the interviews, have a list of questions at hand. A good questionnaire will allow you to get to know the candidates a little better. Here are some of the requirements and qualities of the perfect caregiver.
- With a clear vocation for child care
- Make an assessment of your career and studies (courses for babysitters, first aid or any career related to child care). The right person not only has to have patience, you should enjoy being with children.
- It is essential that you are a person with initiative, who knows how to solve unforeseen events, in which you trust and can delegate, that brings you peace of mind.
- Mature and responsible
- Nanny work requires a huge responsibility, so it must be a mature person with the ability to manage all kinds of situations.
- Become the reference adult and have sufficient authority to enforce it.
- Attentive and meticulous
- A good babysitter should be attentive to the instructions of the parents. It is important that you are aware of all the details.
- Must be organized and disciplined and understand perfectly what their tasks are and how to carry them out.
- Fun and with a sense of humor
The perfect nanny should have a sense of humor, children should be entertained, in a climate of safety but also of fun and entertainment.
- Must have skills to conveniently communicate with a fluent and regular communication, that allows us to know in detail what is the development of children in our absence.
- The best way to find out if a nanny is or is not affectionate, is to observe the attitude of your child.
- If she is a patient and sweet person, the child is glad to see her, will be waiting for the time to be with her.
- One of the things we should think about when selecting a good nanny is that she is educated, she should be a role model for our children.
- It must be a person who knows how to distribute the different tasks throughout the day, who can take care of several children attending to the needs of each one.
- When conducting interviews to select the right nanny for your children, pay attention to this point. If the candidate is late for the interview, it will be a clear signal of her lack of punctuality.