Tutoring fulfills a more transcendent role since it responds to the need to educate specific people, particulars, individuals, with unique problems and with different motivations and characteristics one to another. In this way, tutoring accompanies the students of a class and at the same time to each one of them in particular.
Some of the conditions that a tutor must meet to differentiate himself from a teacher are:
- Have time to perform their function. Tutoring demands many times more hours than those required by the workday, or meet this in an extra schedule.
- Personal coherence. The task of orientation is strongly associated with the transmission of values, patterns of behavior, respect for others.
- Charisma. The tutor must convey confidence; his way of acting should facilitate the establishment of cordial and fluid relations.
- Communication ability. The predisposition to dialogue, to establish links.
- Psychological intuition. Anticipate, to discover when a student is going through a problem.
- Predisposition to continue learning, to be trained. Design the work strategies of the tutors, to be trained in topics that help the student’s integral education.
Finally, it is important to know the functions of the tutors, to keep the consistency between the academic programs and the accompaniment of the tutors.
Among the main ones we can highlight:
- Leadership. Responsible for the execution of the tutoring programs.
- Guide the personal development of each student. Value the student in his possibilities and limitations.
- Coordination. With other teachers in the programming, evaluation and adjustments of the activities of the section.
- Communicate. Establish a link with parents, students, colleagues, managers and others.
- Review. Have a presence and a voice in any matter that pertains to discipline, performance, sanctions or activities.
- Contribute. Contribute to developing common lines with other tutors and students.
Sunset Scholars is a diverse group of talented tutors committed to high school and college students, experienced tutors and bilingual teachers and lecturers who are passionate about teaching different academic subjects.
Consult our tutoring programs.